Samick Discovery ILF Recurve limbs
Traditional ILF limbs of Samick. These limbs are made of a combination of Maple with carbon which make them smooth and fast. They are made for the Discovery riser, but since they have a ILF connection they fit on every other ILF riser.
Specs Samick Discovery limbs
- Material: Carbon and wood
- Length: Long (in combination with a 17 inch riser it will make a 62 inch bow)
- Draw weights: 30 – 50 LBS (increments of 5LBS)
- Tips: Reinforced (Fast Flight proof)
Guidelines Riser and Limbs combination
The draw weight of Samick Discovery limbs are measured on a 17 inch riser. It is generally possible to use limbs on a shorter or longer riser, but consider that there will be a change of draw weight, a general rule of thumb is that for every inch difference the draw weight will change 1 LBS, for example:
Samick Discovery limbs with a draw weight of 30 LBS with a:
1) 17 inch riser makes a 62 inch bow with a draw weight of 30 LBS
2) 19 inch riser makes a 64 inch bow with a draw weight of 28 LBS
3) 15 inch riser makes a 60 inch bow with a draw weight of 32 LBS
Also consider that draw weight of ILF limbs are generally measured at a draw lenght of 28 inch, as a rule of thumb you need to add 2 LBS of draw weight for every inch you draw more then 28 inch and vice versa. All this instructions are to be considered as GUIDELINES as the different form and construction of a limb and/or riser can give higher ore lesser results, nonetheless it is a good base to start from.